Get the Guidelines for Emigration Clearance System provided by the MEA. Uses can get details about the Emigration Clearance System for various age groups, unskilled worker, farm worker, women emigrant, etc. Points to reject an application for emigration are also provided.
Government Of India
Fill and Submit Visa Application Form Securely.
Submit your application with required
documents at Indian Visa Application Center or at Indian Mission.
Receive Passport, visa
Collect your passport/visa from
Indian Mission/Visa Application Center
or by post.
Applicants may fill the online application form by going to the tab placed below. Once the form is filled and submitted, applicant must print the completed application form and sign and submit the physical copy along with the supporting documents and the Passport to the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly at the Indian Mission on the scheduled appointed date. The instructions for filling the form and scheduling the appointment can be seen at Instructions for Regular Visa Application.
The status of Visa Application can be seen on the link for Visa Enquiry.
The applicants are also requested to visit website of the Indian Mission concerned for detailed information about Indian visa
A. Online application Form:-
- This application form is meant for those foreigners who are applying for visa from outside India
- Each online application form is meant for one person only. Separate application has to be filed for each applicant.
- Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms, especially the names, address and date of birth.
- Applicants are required to verify the application details before submitting the online application. They have an option to save the online application form, in case it is not to be submitted.
- Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, then further modifications are not allowed. Hence applicants are requested to check and validate the details before submitting the online application form.
- Applicants are requested to keep the Application Id (generated automatically after the submission of online form) for further communications.
Online India Visa Application allows the Applicant to upload a digital photograph of self to complete the regular visa application.
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format JPEG
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
- Make sure that photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
B. Appointment Scheduling:-
- Applicant can schedule the appointment as per his/ her convenience with the concerned Indian Mission.
- Each applicant to schedule a separate appointment with the Indian Mission
C. Process for filling up online application form:-
- Applicant shall access the Visa Application system online through the following link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in
- Applicant visits the above mentioned web link and selects the Indian Mission from where he intends to apply for the Visa from the tab Select Mission.
- Applicant fills the application on-line as per the forms standardized by the Ministry.
- After filling the form and submitting it, the system shall automatically generate a Application Id. Applicants are requested to keep this Application Id for further communications with the concerned Indian Mission.
- System will automatically ask the Applicant for the following confirmation: Select ‘Yes’ if the applicant want to seek appointment and make payment online or ‘No’ if the applicant just want to print the submitted application form.
- If the applicant response is ‘No’, then it is requested by the applicant to take the print out of the submitted online application form and approach the concerned Indian Mission for submission of the online form along with supporting documents.
- If the response from applicant is ‘Yes’ then the system automatically takes the link to perform the following:
- Selection of Date and Time of appointment at the concerned Indian Mission
- Calculation of Visa fee, service charge, VAT etc. as applicable according to the Visa type
- ePayment* using service providers payment system
- In case the facility of Appointment Scheduling and e-Payment is not available for the concerned Indian mission, then applicant has to take the printout of the online application form and visit the concerned Indian Mission to submit the same along with supporting documents and make the payment.
*The e-payment facility is not available for all the Indian Missions abroad. Wherever the said facility is not available, it is requested to kindly submit the application submission fees to either the out sourcing agency or to the Mission directly along with the supporting documents.